Unless otherwise noted, all gifs and photos are from Photobucket.
I have been nominated for the Liebster award by Ramona, mistress of the awesome blog, Just Keep Brains! Thank you for nominating me, Ramona. My first blog award! Woo hoo! The Liebster award is given to new bloggers with fewer than 200 followers, and I am happy to participate.
1. Post the award on your blog.
2. Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog.
3. Write 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have fewer than 200 followers.
5. Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 11 questions.
11 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME:
1. I was almost kidnapped as a baby.
2. I have piercings, but no tattoos. (At least, not yet. *wink*)
3. My 2 favorite shows on the air right now are Better Call Saul and Rupaul’s Drag Race.
4. There are 2 degrees of separation between me and President Barack Obama.
5. Belly dance is the only formal dance training that I’ve received. I started belly dance in September 2009, at the age of 36.
6. The older I get, the more squeamish I get watching violence. And I will NOT watch any film depicting torture – real or scripted.
7. I have one pet, a black cat named Samantha (her nickname is “Psycho Kitty”). She will turn 11 years old in June. That’s the equivalent of 64 human years!
8. I have not worn my natural hair color in over 20 years.
9. I’ve worn prescription eyeglasses since age 13.
10. It’s been 3 years since my last cigarette. I now vape.
11. My sweetheart and I have been together for 11 years – my longest romantic relationship.
RAMONA’S 11 QUESTIONS & MY ANSWERS:
1. Do you believe in spirit animals or a connection to animals in any way?
I don’t believe in spirit animals, but I do have a strong connection towards nature – especially the weather. If I did believe in spirit animals, mine would be a butterfly.
2. What was your favourite city you’ve been travelling to so far?
So far, it’s Nosara in Costa Rica, which is more of a resort town than a city. Beautiful country with nature galore!
3. If you could live as any creature in any time and any place you’d like, what would it look like?
I would be an intergalactic creature, with bright, green eyes that can shoot rays, skin that heals immediately if damaged, and small, black horns. The time would definitely be some time in the future, perhaps in the year 3015.
4. Why did you start blogging and are you still blogging about the same subject/s?
I started blogging as somewhat of an online journal. I also wanted to connect with other alternative people, especially those closer to my age. They’re not easy to find in real life. My blog started with mainly fashion and random thoughts I had about different subjects. Now I mainly blog on the gothic, bohemian style and tribal belly dance. I also want to use my blog to send joy out into the world.
5. How did you come up with your blog’s name?
I wanted a name that would incorporate my love of the gothic subculture and also of tribal belly dance. The “gothic” part is self-explanatory. The “soulflower” part ties into my boho, hippie style. I was going to name my blog, “The Queen Butterfly”, but that name was already being used for another blog.
6. Who is your favourite Villain?
Gus Fring, from Breaking Bad.
7. Favorite Season?
8. What are you afraid of – any phobia?
Spiders! I LOATHE spiders. 8 eyes, 8 legs, and the way they move. Yuck! They are the most “unnatural”, natural creatures living on this planet. This is one gothic lady who just can’t deal.
9. Vampires, Werewolves, Zombies?
Vampires. They’re the most stylish out of the three and they’re immortal.
10. Would you prefer a night at the club / a bar or on the couch or in nature?
On the couch. I love being in my head. I’m also kind of boring.
11. What would be your top wardrobe staple?
My black, 25-yard skirt. So pretty, so frilly, and oh, so comfortable. They come in every color imaginable and can look beautiful on all body types.
THE 11 BLOGGERS THAT I NOMINATE ARE:
**NOTE: Most of the blogs that I follow or know of have more than 200 followers. Sigh. That’s what happens when you’re late to the blogging party. Sorry, but I’m gonna have to cheat BIG TIME on this one. However, I’ve listed the blogs with under 200 followers first. Eternal Wynter is the last blog on my list that has under 200 followers, for sure.
Vampire Rose, The Aging Goth – I recently discovered this blog, created by Vampire Rose. She’s over 60, with great tips for us elder, gothic beauties.
Space Unicorn – This is an online diary and personal style blog of Lynoire, whom I was introduced to during Sophistique Noir’s Red & Black Week 2014. Lynoire describes herself as “a crafty geek girl from Hungary”. Cute blog.
Gothic Flamingo – Not only do I love the blog name, but this blog features some cool gothic art.
Kick The Last Nail In – Cute fashion blog by GothBarbie.
Little Corp Goth Girl – While a lot of gothic blogs are about art and fashion, Sylvie writes about her life as a married, goth mom who works in an office.
Eternal Wynter – Great photos on this blog. Dark, yet colorful. Enticing.
Hazy In AZ – I met Cliff on Facebook, through an old high school friend. Cliff has over 200 followers (271 as of now), but he’s an excellent writer and a real, chill guy. His blog is perfect reading when you want to chill out on a beautiful morning with a cup of coffee.
The Everyday Goth – I’ve been following Mary Rose’s blog for a couple of years now. She’s been on hiatus since February, but she has created a great blog. She may have more that 200 followers, since this blog started in 2011.
The Walrus Room – Not sure how many followers Sarah has (probably way over 200), but I love her style. I’ve been following her for a couple of years. Her photography skills are on point! Lots of useful fashion advice, also.
Nephilim Incorruptus – He’s a vlogger that I discovered on YouTube. He makes very intelligent videos about the goth subculture. I can watch his videos all day.
Jwlhyfer De Winter – Another vlogger that I’ve started following recently. She’s an elder goth with impeccable style, although she prefers to be described as “gothic”, not “goth”.
MY 11 QUESTIONS FOR THE NOMINEES:
1. When and why did you start blogging?
2. With MP3s and internet streaming, do you still buy CDs or DVDs?
3. How would you describe your style of dress?
4. What religion or philosophy do you ascribe to?
5. What are your favorite TV shows on the air right now?
6. What other hobbies do you participate in, besides blogging?
7. If you participate in the arts, which ones do you participate in? Are you a hobbyist or a professional?
8. If a movie was being made about your life, which actor/actress would play you?
9. Choose one: Coffee or tea?
10. What colors have you dyed your hair?
11. Introvert, extrovert, or ambivert?
This was super duper fun! Much love and many thanks to Ramona for the nomination. As I stated above, I wanted to use my blog to connect with other alternative people, and this was a great chance to do so. If you are nominated, be sure to pay it forward. It’s wonderful sharing the love, especially in these trying times. In the words of my “patron saint”, Rupaul:
“If you can’t love yourself, how in the hell are you gonna love somebody else? Can I get an Amen?”
** AMEN! **
Love & Shimmies,